Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Grateful Stool

Since I am still unemployed, I have a lot of time on my hands. We have a bar here in the kitchen of Red House, so we all thought it would be appropriate to buy unfinished bar stools from Michael’s. The idea was that the four bar stools would all match in fundamental shape and design, but we each would decorate our own to our liking.

I nearly finished mine today. I stained the stool with a chestnut finish, and then hand painted the “steal your face” design – my preferred trademark of one of the greatest bands in history, the Grateful Dead.

I am currently waiting on the final coat of polyurethane to dry, as well as someone to hire me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Wow! That's a great paint job there man. Christ...I'd swear that was manufactured with that on there.

What places have you applied to so far?

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home