Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Denver mints traveling faster

In one of my previous blog entries, “Possible Correlations in the US Economy and the Circulation of Currency” I addressed just what the title suggests, only in reference to the 50 State Quarters Program here in the U.S.

If you live here in the states then you are probably familiar with the various designs on the backs of the new quarters as well as the sharper cut of George Washington on the front.

During the first week of February, my neighbor who is aware of my collecting habits brought over a Nevada P quarter. I hadn’t seen one yet and I immediately checked the release schedule on the U.S. Mints Website and noted that it had only been one week since the quarter’s initial release on January 31, 2006.

This past weekend I got a Nevada D in some change. This time, it only took two and a half months for the Denver minted quarter to circulate it’s was into my possession.

Does this reflect that the economy is getting better, since the Denver minted quarter made it to the eastern U.S. in only half the time that it usually takes? I don’t know. I am just happy to have both mints for the Nevada quarter and am now waiting on Nebraska.

To find out more information on the 50 State Quarters Program, check out this page at the U.S. Mint’s Web site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home