Thursday, April 27, 2006

Woes from the GRE

I took the GRE today. I passed the verbal section with a disturbingly low (but passable) score. I did terrible on the quantitative section, but I am not too concerned since the English graduate program I am applying for doesn’t even consider quantitative scores. The analytical section went well but I won’t know my scores for a few weeks. I hadn’t realized how dependant I have become on spell-check.

To be honest, the test was not what I expected. It was slightly easier than the model test in the preparation book I used to study. However, apparently the test is adaptive (it is computer based) and it makes harder or dumbs down the questions as you answer them correctly or incorrectly.

Anyhow, it has been a long day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home